A conference was organised at UFR IMAG (School of Computing and Applied Mathematics at the University of Grenoble) to present the technical goals of KEEP to students.
The mini-conference was split in 6 parts:
- A general introduction to FP7, Challenge 4 and KEEP (Vincent Joguin/JOG)
- An introduction to the field of digital preservation (David Michel/TES)
- The specific issues of metadata in the context of emulation for digital preservation (Getaneh Agegn Alemu/UPHEC)
- Graphical User Interface aspects (Antonio Ciuffreda/UPHEC)
- Emulation for preservation (David Michel/TES)
- Virtual machine technologies (David Carrère/JOG)
Each sub-presentation lasted for about 10 to 15 minutes.
After the presentations an open discussion session was organised where the students raised technical questions. At the end of the conference the participants continued by discussing more privately with various KEEP members and seemed very interested in the work being done by KEEP.
Please see or download the presentations.